Sunday, November 6, 2011

Starting over: confessions of a scale model builder

First of all, the image above is not a model, it's an actual American-LaFrance Aero Chief snorkel that served Baltimore, MD. You might ask what it has to do with constructing a model -- simple . . . it serves as my inspiration to start an old hobby back. You see, I started buidling models when I was about nine or ten (10) years-old, but I kind of laid it aside when I started working and moved out on my own and am just now getting back into it.  And, you guessed it, an Aero Chief is the first project I'm going to tackle. You might ask why I just a truck with such a "basic" color scheme to re-start my hobby. The answer to that is that I'm not sure how steady my hand will be after almost twenty (20) years away from the hobby. But, we will see . . .

Until next time --

Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment